Jennifer advises clients in commercial litigations before U.S. state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations seated in the United States and abroad. Her experience includes arbitration with:
Her clients include individuals and businesses of all sizes operating in a variety of industries, including financial services, energy, insurance, pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications.
Prior to starting an independent practice in 2011, Jennifer practiced in the International Litigation and Arbitration Group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. She speaks and publishes regularly in English and Spanish.
Selected Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- “The administrative contract, non-arbitrability, and the recognition and execution of awards annulled in the country of origin: the case of Commisa v Pemex”, co-authored with Dante Figueroa and Herfried Wöss, Arbitration International 2015.
- “Going Solo Roundtable”, presented at the Second ITA-IEL Joint Conference on International Energy Arbitration in Houston in January 2015.
- “El Contrato Administrativo, Inarbitrabilidad y el Reconocimiento de Laudos Anulados en el País de Origen – el Caso COMMISA”, co-authored with Dante Figueroa and Herfried Wöss, Revista Lima Arbitration No. 6 (2014).
- “Where’s the Money – Current Issues on Enforcing Arbitration Awards and Mediated Settlement Agreements”, presented at the New York State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section Fall Meeting in October 2014.
- “How to Grow Your International Energy Arbitration Practice”, presented at the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum in Houston in October 2014.
- “La Estrategia para Aprovechar del Descubrimiento al Estilo Americano”, presented at III Congreso Regional de Arbitraje: “Cuestiones Practicas en el Arbitraje” in Cusco, Peru in August 2014.
- “Mediation: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”, presented at the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum in New York in September 2013.
- “Ethical Challenges for a Globalized Legal Profession: Experiences and Tips for the Practice of Law Across Borders”, presented at the Inter-American Bar Association Colloquium in New York in March 2013.
- “Class Arbitrations and the Supreme Court”, presented at the Class Arbitrations discussion hosted by the ACR-GNY and King & Spalding LLP in January 2013.
- “Deber de declaración y revelación de los árbitros: ¿Cuál es el limite de la información a revelar?”, presented at the Seminario Nacional de Arbitraje in Lima, Peru in November 2012.
- “U.S. Court opens door to discovery of Laos government assets as enforcement of arbitral award is pursued”, Investment Arbitration Reporter (Mar. 6, 2011).
- “Tribunal diverges as to the extent to which U.S.-Panama treaty permits foreign investors to challenge host country tax measures”, Investment Arbitration Reporter (Mar. 6, 2011).
- “Arbitrators Decide to Hear Canada’s Objections to NAFTA Garbage Disposal Investment Dispute as a Preliminary Matter”, co-authored with L.E. Peterson, Investment Arbitration Reporter (Nov. 25, 2010).
- “Government Views Vary Widely on Eve of Meeting to Discuss Transparency in UN Arbitration Rules”, Investment Arbitration Reporter Vol. 3, No. 15 (Sept. 28, 2010).
- “Moral Damages in Investment Arbitration and Public International Law”, in Investment Treaty Arbitration and International Law, Vol. 3 (T. Weiler and I. Laird, Eds., 2010), presented at the 2009 Juris Conference on Investment Treaty Arbitration, Washington D.C.
- “The Taiwan Relations Act, 30 Years on – Encounters and Successes in U.S. Courts”, co-authored with Timothy G. Nelson, Journal of World Investment & Trade (October 2008).
- “Preempting State Law Securities Class Actions: Merrill Lynch v. Dabit – One Year Later”, co-authored with Jay B. Kasner (Winter 2007).
Cambridge University, Clare Hall
LL.M., European Union Law
Harvard Law School
University of Texas at Austin
B.A., Philosophy and English
Fordham Law School, Adjunct Professor
Duke Law School, Guest Lecturer (Winter Sessions 2012 & 2013)
St. John’s School of Law, Adjunct Professor